Sunday, March 28, 2010

Unanswered Questions

Well, as college approaches faster and faster, I find myself getting more and more excited, but also more and more nervous! It reminds me of that Lady Antebellum song "American Honey" when it says "steady as a preacher, free as a weed, she couldn't wait to get goin, but still not quite ready to leave." I can't wait to be at Appalachian, but at the same time, it's very overwhelming.

The thought of leaving my momma is scary- we're so close. Even though we want to kill each other sometimes, she's my best friend and I have never really been without her for any significant amount of time. It's like, when I was in elementary school, I dreaded nap time and did anything to keep myself from falling asleep. Now, as a senior in high school, I would love a nap during my busy school day! Ah, the irony of getting older. Like it says in Spiderman, "With great power comes great responsibility." The more freedom I get, the more responsibility I feel myself taking on. Balancing school, church, my boyfriend, my friends and my family is more than a juggling act... but it's not a hassle, because I truly love it. I like school for the most part, and all the other things make me who I am. So, it's well worth the time and energy.

I have no idea who my roomate is going to be, and I want to do potluck, because I don't want to be tied down to one person all the time. Like, if I roomed with one of my friends, I'd feel obligated to spend all my time with them, and I want college to be like a blank slate, a new start for me in all realms of life. When you go to college, not really knowing anyone (not that I don't know anyone at App, because I do) you get to start over. There's a new chance to mold and shape people's opinions of you, because they don't really know how you used to be or where you came from. At my school, the stereotype, or the opinion everyone has of you is pretty much set the first week of middle school and it follows you all the way to senior year. So, I'm excited about going to college. I'm ready for my fresh start.

As for the question of whether or not I will join a sorority... I'm considering it. My former cheerleading coach, Ansley Keiser, has played a big part in my decision process. She went to Georgia and was in a sorority and absolutely loved it. She said, "Katie Jill, you have to join one... you are a Sorority Girl!" This kind of made me think about it. The good thing is that you can go through Rush and still get out of it if you change your mind. It's a good way to meet new people. I don't know yet... I might. So, for now, it's just another unanswered question.

There are a few things I DO know, without a shadow of a doubt. One being, I believe in soul mates. I believe that God has one person for each and every person and that without them, the other is incomplete.

Another thing I know, is that no matter how discouraged I'm feeling, no matter how down things seem... I'm blessed beyond belief and no matter how alone I feel, God has promised me that He will never leave me.

And, another thing I know is that it's okay to have unanswered questions. Everyone does. And if you trust God, He will answer them for you, eventually. You just have to trust Him. He never said it would be easy, He just promised it will be worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment