Monday, March 22, 2010

My First Blog :)

this is my mom, my best friend and my rock. she is an amazing woman and i wouldn't be the person i am today without her.
this is my car. her name is ruby. i've always wanted a volkswagen... my mom got it for me for my 17th birthday and i love it :)

this is my yearbook staff. i've been on staff since sophomore year, and loved every minute of it. it's been the biggest part of my high school years and i love everyone on staff. we're like a family


this is my mock trial team. i did mock trial my junior and senior year of high school and i was a great experience. we made it to states this year! i love everyone on the team



this is ashley, my best friend. high school would be so boring without her. we've been through a lot and i love her absolutely to death!

Okay so this is my very first blog. I've heard of people "blogging" before, but never even thought about getting one until my yearbook advisor, Traci Cline, got one to keep up with everyone when her and her husband adopted two children from Taiwan. I'm not sure if I'll keep it up, even though I've heard it's addicting.


My senior year has been quite eventful... not really what I expected. But, I've definitely learned to roll with the punches. I've missed almost a full month of school with my grandparents, who have been sick (they live in the mountains). My grandparents and I are very close, and I'd give anything to be able to take their place. Because my parents divorced when I was 2, my grandpaw is like my father. He's my rock. It's been a hard year for them- they're doing a little better now, though. I think they'll feel a lot better when they can get out in the good weather (they've had a ton of snow this winter)! We're all so ready for Spring!

God wants you to fully TRUST Him with every aspect of your life. If you love Him, He will give you the desires of your heart...

I have always wanted to go to Appalachian State University. In January, I got my acceptance letter and I was so excited. As of now, I'm committed and can't wait to be there! I have a ton of friends that go there already and my whole family lives in Avery County, about 30 minutes away. I'm so excited. I plan to major in Communications and minor in Business. It's hard to believe that I'll be there in 5 months!

I'm happy where I am right now. I've learned that discontentment doesn't really do anything for you. It's how you handle it. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Happiness is more an inward disposition of the mind than an outward disposition of circumstance." I believe that happiness is a choice. So, I choose to be happy. No matter what. Yes, I'm absolutely terrified of all the huge things coming up that will change my life... mainly graduation and leaving for college, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that my God has a plan (Jeremiah 29:11) and He will be there, right beside me, getting me through it. Remember, if the Lord brings you to it... He'll bring you through it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment